Summit Primary Care
Superior Care for the Entire Family:
Infants to Seniors
Practice Information for Physician Candidates
SPC is a physician-owned private practice with the Provider complement listed in the links on the left. The practice owns a 21500sq ft freestanding building with the capacity to comfortably handle 10 Providers (there are 40 exam rooms). We are recruiting to get back to the full complement of providers the space can handle following several retirements/departures (personal reasons). New physicians have historically built a full practice within a range of 9 months to 18 months depending on the physician’s personal appeal to patients in the marketplace.
Our preferred candidate is a private practice oriented FP Physician who understands that above average compensation is achieved through effort, self-promotion and great customer service. SPC helps new Physicians build their practice by preferentially scheduling new patients with them (we get about 300 new patients per month). Our market includes a fast growing suburban area on the east side of Davidson county, and there is abundant opportunity for an achiever to develop their patient base quickly.
First year compensation is a negotiated guaranteed salary, generally at the national average compensation for the physician’s experience level. After the first year, the physician is expected to go on our productivity based provider compensation model, where compensation is dependent on the provider’s “bottom line.” That is directly proportional to productivity (office charges, hospital work, utilization of our in-house Ancillary and Dispensary services) and also by following the Quality protocol initiatives. Basically, you control your own compensation.
TN licensure is a requirement, and physicians need to obtain a TN physician license before employment and should strive to provide it to us 3 months before they start working here. That allows us adequate time for the insurance credentialing required for the physician to be paid for services they provide to patients. Please keep in mind that the TN licensure process can take up to 8-12 weeks. We will reimburse you for the TN licensure fee. Also- a DEA unrestricted license for controlled meds is needed.
After a new physician has a stable, financially viable practice, the current owners will discuss with the new physician an ownership position (Membership) in the Practice. Our goal is that all the physicians who join the Practice become owners.
This helps stabilize the group and provides a level of long term commitment that employed physicians do not generally offer.
Colleagues and patients appreciate that stability.
Hospital admissions: Currently, the group admits and attends their own patients in the hospital during weekday hours. After hours and weekend admissions are handled by the on-call physician. There is a hospitalist group that can be utilized but only to admit/attend your own patients. There is a house staff (residents) who will admit ER patients after hours for you, but you still have to show up in the A.M. to do the admission paperwork. On weekends, the on-call physician has to do that.
Current OP Call- All physicians must participate in after-hours and weekend rotating call. Adding a new physician would put 6 physicians in the call group.
Other Practice Information:
- We have approx. 20000 active patient charts over the past 2 years.
- We have a walk-in-clinic with hours of 7-6 weekdays.
- In-house Ancillary services include: Lab, Dispensary, X-ray, Spirometry, EKG, PAD screening, Holter/Event monitoring.
- Medical and surgical procedures offered by each physician are decided by them within the constraints of the facility and reasonable FP boundaries.
- The # of patients seen per day ranges from about 20-32 depending on their schedule preferences, efficiency and effort.
- The environment and philosophy here is that quality patient care is essential and rewarded, compensation is dependent on time and effort, and taking personal responsibility for your practice success is expected.
- We want hard-working, personable physicians who are willing to build and maintain their practice and who want to put down their family roots in this excellent area.
- Physicians who prefer a permanent salaried job should not request consideration. Mediocrity is not our goal.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: